Tuesday, September 16, 2008

My Morning Jacket

Before I took off for the beach last week, I saw My Morning Jacket play an outdoor show at Penn's Landing in Philadelphia. It was an awesome show. They sounded amazing live. Fun was had by all.




Hi, Jim James.




"I'm Amazed"
I'm amazed at a quiet ocean
I'm amazed at your warm devotion
I'm amazed at what the people sayin
I'm amazed by a divided nation
Like the rhythm of the earth
I get disrupted
I'm amazed at all that has been
I'm amazed at all that will be
I'm amazed at the TV stations
I'm amazed what they want me to believe
After all is said and done
Where is the justice?
I'm amazed - the lack of evolution
I'm amazed - at the lack of faith
I'm amazed - at the love we're rejecting
I'm amazed - what we accept in its place
Like the rhythm of the earth
And the rhythm of the ages
Like the rhythm - I get disrupted

2 comments:

Landis said...

sweet stuff! How's your apartment doing?! Feel pretty settled in? I need to come visit so we can walk around town to look at the shops.

Julie said...

that would be great. i should be free this weekend. shops tend to close by 5 on the weekdays, except on first fridays. let me know.