Monday, November 24, 2008

NYC

New York, baby.
This past weekend I took a little trip to the big city with a couple of friends.
Big buildings, bright lights, cool neighborhoods, good food.
I kind of want to take a six month vacation in Soho now.









Some good greasy diner breakfast before heading off to the Empire State Building





Atop the Empire State Building




E.S. Building doors at night

30 Rock






The Village


Best part was eating at Les Halles, where Anthony Bourdain worked as Executive Chef before making it big with the books and TV shows.
The food was very good. I got the fresh calamari salad
and a crabcake.



2 comments:

Landis said...

oh my word I am so jealous!!!!!! I looooove going to New York this time of year. Aaaahh, makes me want to live out the movie "You've got Mail". Looks like you went on a good day. The sky was perfectly clear!!!
My boss just went to see Anthony Bourdan on a show. Like, he cooked and talked on a theater stage. She said he was awesome to watch. I wanna try his restaurant! What did you get there?

Oh and the shops that I was talking about are between Litiz pike and organ pike. It's close to where Provident bookstore used to be....but not right in that complex.

Julie said...

It was COLD but the sky was clear and made for great photos.

I got the fresh calamari salad and a crabcake. Delish!

We'll talk more at Thanksgiving about our next shopping date. Or maybe we can take a train to NY sometime. I kind of got bitten by the NYC bug and want to go back and see more.