
I just read that Allan "Skip" Echternacht, the guy who did my tattoo, died in May after a 2.5 year battle with pancreatic cancer. He was 62.
He was the owner of Skip's Tattoo & Body Piercing downtown on Queen St. It hasn't been there for a few years. I think they might have changed locations and renamed the shop something else. Either that, or they closed the doors forever.
Anyway, I remember Skip for giving me a $10 discount after all was said and done. He was glued to his online poker game when I came in...and for a good 10 minutes after I'd been there. I also remember he and I sharing a look of concern when a guy came in to ask how much it would cost to get this jolly-looking 8 inch tiger on his back.
He was a nice guy. Easygoing like an old pro.
Thanks for the ink!



1 comment:
sorry about the loss of your ink friend. ..he looks like he would be a traveling magician
Post a Comment