I recently got back from a six day road trip where I met up with Jen and James' family in Hilton Head Island in South Carolina. James' mom Boni was gracious enough to invite me and a couple of friends to stay with everyone for a few days of rest and relaxation. It was greatly appreciated! Unfortunately, my camera decided to stop working on the way down, and I have nothing to show you guys. So I'm going to let Google Images show you what I saw.



On the way down, we stopped at this place for some BBQ. It was actually really good.
They gave us free hushpuppies with BBQ sauce and they were awesome.
They gave us free hushpuppies with BBQ sauce and they were awesome.


They had a lot of peach-related things in SC, which was confusing
because I thought Georgia was the peach state.
This is a water tower.


The drive into Atlanta at night was so pretty.

We visited the East Atlanta Village. Very cool neighborhood.
Had fried green tomatoes for the first time. Delicious!
Bought some dollar vinyl and a necklace at the East Atlanta Strut street festival.
I also lost my drivers license here.
Had fried green tomatoes for the first time. Delicious!
Bought some dollar vinyl and a necklace at the East Atlanta Strut street festival.
I also lost my drivers license here.

Macon.
Home of Little Richard, Otis Redding, Allman Brothers and the kazoo.
Very cute town with some good music history. I'd like to visit this place again.
Home of Little Richard, Otis Redding, Allman Brothers and the kazoo.
Very cute town with some good music history. I'd like to visit this place again.

Savannah's Live Oak Trees are beautiful.
A tour guide told us that the Spanish moss hanging from their branches
is neither Spanish nor moss.
Discuss.
A tour guide told us that the Spanish moss hanging from their branches
is neither Spanish nor moss.
Discuss.

River Street in Savannah
Last stop was in Hilton Head, SC
where we met up with the Phipps gang.
This is the lighthouse we visited.
where we met up with the Phipps gang.
This is the lighthouse we visited.

Saw some amazing new places, got to dip my toes in the warm, Carolina ocean,
met some new folks and brought home some happy memories.
A perfect end of Summer vacation.
met some new folks and brought home some happy memories.
A perfect end of Summer vacation.







5 comments:
Yay! You finally updated! So what's up with your camera not working?! Google did a nice job of visualizing your trip. Can I just say I'm totally jealous of your visit? I've always wanted to visit those states. Never heard of Macon...love little towns like that. Nice peach tower? Glad you had a good time!
Hey, Dustin has jury duty this Monday - he has to go to Philly for the day and gets home sometime around dinner I think. I have to stay at work so I can pick him up at the train station. Maybe we can drop by for dinner on our way home? I know that totally sounds rude, like I'm inviting myself over but I thought it would be fun to see you. If you have plans or can't I totally understand. Just a thought!
I think I left it in the hot car for too long and it freaked out on me. Hopefully a change of batteries will help.
Yeah, that would be great if you guys want to come over for dinner Monday. Do you guys like pot roast? I have a wicked crock pot recipe for it. Or anything else...
Choose the POT ROAST!! It's awesome!! Nice pictures, even if they are google's. Hope your camera revives!
Pot roast sounds awesome. I'll give you a call closer to the day!
UPDATE!!!!!!! :)
Post a Comment